Friday, October 28, 2011

The Secret Antidote for Dengue




I took a glass and pour water in it. I want to hide from my wife what I am going to do, she’ll surely confront me if she’ll see me mixing medicine in the water which I am going to give to my son who is recuperating due to dengue. His platelets still hanging low at 41 and we’re already 3 days confined in the hospital, our bills are soaring high because of the medicines they are administering for my son as well as the laboratory test they are doing to monitor his blood. We took a private room also which cost us much higher than that of the ward we have been in our first day in the hospital. I know for sure that the doctor’s fee is higher as expected. I have to do something to hasten the blood platelets to jump higher to reach the minimum level so we can go home and minimize our rising hospital bill.

That morning I have to go to work, it’s been days of absent, so I have to attend some responsibilities to make up with my absences. I’m doing my usual things when a co worker approached me about my son’s condition. He shared some secrets which they’ve learned when his brother happens to have dengue too. He told me about some kind of common and cheap vitamins which he said, makes his brother to get out of hospital for just very few days. His brother like my son has blood platelets that dropped below down the minimum level and actually bleeds. My friend advice is to give it also to my son to evade further hospitalization cost and speed up the recuperation as well as for the platelets to rise.

My wife has this eagle eyes and high in discerning secrets. So she obviously look at me with suspicion the moment I gave my son the prepared mixture, so I told her about the thing and what my friend had told me. Eager and caught on the corner of rising bills and the desperation to see our child get well soon enough she let me give it to my son when I have explain the mixture is nothing but a common vitamins. I also told my son about the mixture and he understands about the vitamins and he took and drinks it. Later after dinner when there’s nothing to hide anymore about the vitamin, then I simply gave two capsules for my son to drink. It’s hard sometimes to act like a doctor when you’re not.

We notice some unusual things like my son did sweat when he’s sleeping which did not happen before. And since he didn’t complain of anything, we then slept the night hoping for tomorrow promise of platelets rise. The next day, and that is Friday, when we found out that it rose from 41 to as high as 91 and there we see things are getting well and alright. So we continue giving our son the vitamins and he took 5 capsules the whole day. The next morning we are awaken as usual at 6 a.m by the medtech to take blood sample from my son for platelets counting, we all prayed silently and hope that it will finally reach the minimum level this time. My son appetite in eating has return since Wednesday and I’m very hopeful that the food intake will also help raise the platelet level along with the vitamins. At 10 a.m I simply walk at the corridor passing the nurse station when out of curiosity I ask the nurse of the blood test. She looks at my son’s medical records new files and there we saw the platelet number in bold number of 158, she smiled at me and said “sir congratulation”. I walk the way to our room and happily tell my wife the good news. Then we all thank God about the good news and surely we are hours only for home.

The attending physician of my son is a good doctor, upon knowing the good news that afternoon, she happily sign our release order for us to go home, our bills were computed in the billing section and in a matter of minute the most painful thing in our pocket happened. After paying a gruesome 30 thousand Pesos we made our way to the exit and went home.

Dengue is a viral infection cause by mosquito, it attacks the blood so it loses the blood ability to coagulate which triggers bleeding either externally and the worse is internal bleeding which affects internal organs like the liver and the kidney, in the intestines it made the potassium to rise which is very fatal, it affects the blood pressure which will lead to shock and the worse death. Dengue should be given enough medical attention for this infection has killed thousands of lives especially among the young ones whose immune system was not yet fully develop. Sad to say there is no known antidote to combat dengue virus and up to this point of time medical authorities are still on the experiment process of making the best antidote for this dreadful dengue, and as for us and other dengue patients what our doctor does, is only countering the immediate and fatal effect of dengue.

As for me and my son the worse is over and though dengue has cost us a great amount of money due to hospital bills, we have other reason to be happy and that is health and life. We can earn money, but life if lost, who can earn it back?

I would like to thank several people who became a blessing to us from God who greatly help us through this ordeal. The Madapdap Church members headed by Pastor Arman Daquis, Dichie, who is my sister in law, and Mr. and Mrs. Lee and Anjanette Escalante and others, thank you!

further reading related to this article:

don't play time with dengue

don't play time with dengue 2

the secret antidote for dengue


No comments:

DAD, I MISS YOU

this article tells something about my Dad, though this is not the whole picture of who he really is, i hope this article will serve as a simple words that will inspire you to love your dad and show them your affections and care more while they still live.

KEEPING UP WITH YOUR TEENS

this short article is about a dad who later found out that his teenage daughter was three months pregnant, and the underlying factors and issues affecting our teens mindset today and what we can do to keep up with them

KEEPING YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL

this article talks about the rising demand for beauty products and services that may serve as a starting point for business venture as well us some helpful and practical tips in keeping yourself young and beautiful.

FREE CALL ON SELECTED COUNTRIES

free call around the world, made available for you to use it,,anyway its free and who can resist it?

FRIENDS ONLINE

This article is all about a forum site i am enjoying right now, wanna see it for yourself just click the link below and i will wait for you there..www.myLot.com?ref=arnoldream